Friday, June 1

Preparations Continue

I am as yet devouring any information I can get about what happens at the center. Which, considering that I search for more on a daily basis, is really quite a lot.

I've been reading a friend's posts on what she's been doing there Spring term--all about field trips, what the cafeteria serves, souvenirs, how exhausted everyone is, and even about cleaning checks. Valuable stuff, too. She mentioned that she brought her camera in a giant ziploc for the hezekiah's tunnel field trip, which I must say makes sense, being that there is often four feet of water one must wade through. Liquid and electronics do not mix. Tianna (my friend that's there spring term,) also mentioned how strict the cleaning checks are, and that she made the bed with "square sheets," whatever they are. ("Mr. Wickham has been transferred to Newcastle, wherever that is...")

Thus, I do have some inkling as to the common things afoot in the center--things I have discovered to satisfy the hunger for information. Mom says once I know for certain that I am accepted we'll go out to dinner with the Ludlows and I can ask question's to my heart's content. I'm so glad I get to go while they're there. Which brings me to another point.

Official acceptance letters were sent via mail both yesterday and today. So yes, as you may have guessed, I don't know for sure whether I am going to the center Fall semester--or not. I don't doubt that I shall however, and for several reasons; first, because they are not filled to capacity and usually take all eligible applicants (meaning yours truly,) and second, because I had planned on attending the center Winter '08, but felt impressed to apply for Fall semester instead even though convenience and advantage direct me to go during the Winter. Knowing that I ought to apply for Fall, I assume there are divine reasons, and hence I expect that some way will be paved for me to go.

While I'm on the subject, I may as well mention WHY I am all of a dither about how going Fall is inconvenient. Ahem: No Christmas around the world, I'll be behind on my major courses-- including missing a History and Culture of Ancient Israel class that is only taught Fall of odd years (talk about annoying), I won't get to go to Folk Dance workshop even though I was invited (that would provide the chance to be on a higher level team), I can't be in a performing group fall semester-- not even Choir, and to boot, I'm missing the chance to be in Savior of the World AGAIN. I'll be out of the country for two of my favorite holidays, and miss some of the best weather of the year, I have less time and opportunity to earn money to fund this trip... which is costing me a pretty penny.

Either way, I am glad to be going fall semester (I'm not sure I can wait much longer anyway), and I'm not grumbling--just expressing my emotions. ; )

And in the way of preparations, I stood in line for two hours last week to order my passport and expedite it so I can be sure to get it on time... can you say expensive? I also took advantage of Memorial Day sales and purchased a nice camera that I will need for the trip (nicely featured too, I might add.) All in all, I can't wait to get my official YES, YOU'RE COMING. Hope it arrives tomorrow...

No comments: