Friday, May 9

Money Lenders


These are our money lenders! Recommended by the center, we all get our shekels, dinars, dollars, and Egyptian pounds from these guys. Small exchange rates. Trustworthy. Aladdin (pronounced Allah-deen)is the white haired man. He owns the establishment, "Aladdin's Money Changers." Extremely friendly and talkative, he'll even offer you fruit if you really talk to him. He has posters for the Utah Jazz behind his desk, as well as bumper stickers for the U of U (which he says he only keeps for business.) He loves BYU. Why wouldn't he, we bring business to him like mad. Still, he does have posters that say "my daughter and my money go to BYU." Very fun.

The guy in the striped shirt was my favorite. I don't remember his name, which is sad, but I always tried to go to him--he'd tell me jokes while he counted.

Believe it or not, I still have a fake-money business card with Aladdin's picture on it where George Washington should be. The heading reads, "in Aladdin we trust."



In this picture: Ashley Eskelsen (going on a mission to Budapest soon,) and Carlee Painter.

No comments: