Sunday, December 9

Count the Dishes



How many Satellite dishes does one roof need? Mmm, maybe twenty. Why don't you count for yourself.
(Photo taken from a Protestant Church Tower in the Old City of Jerusalem. And Yes, dishes are thick as thieves around here. And since the thieves are thick in Jerusalem, you should get the picture.)



"Hey, Hal--should I write Prohibited, or Forbidden on this sign?"
"Why not both, Frank?"
"Hey, Hal! That's a swell idea!"

(This is a sign on the shore of the sea of Galilee)


"Kids, I don't want you trying to trick the pastor into answering any of your theological questions this week. You know they're not allowed."

(A sign I've gotten used to seeing on the doors of most churches. What they mean is "please-don't-talk-to-your-tour-groups-inside-our-holy-site" but the way they all try to explain it on the sign is most amusing.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Great photos Rach!! Ok, LISTEN-call me when you can....ASAP! Your mom mentioned something...interesting to me, but had NO DETAILS to give. Call me! Love ya!