Tuesday, February 19

Can't resist it

I love music. I love singing. And while I'm sure you would prefer that I post some music befitting my posts, I would rather post music that I listen to on a daily basis. That's why you get stuck with Simon and Garfunkel, and weird quotes from movies about "Abby Normal" and brains.

Today's selections are in honor of one of my favorite broadway stars, Robert Westenburg. He's brilliant. LOVE HIM. Break out of your shell and listen to "Lily's Eyes," fro the musical "Secret Garden." He's the baritone. Also listen to "Agony," from my favorite musical of all time-- "Into the Woods." The song is from the perspective of the princes from the Cinderella and Rapunzel stories-- who just can't quite seem to get a hold on the girl of their dreams.

I also posted more Jon Schmidt for you instrumental purists.

Actually I posted it for myself. "Song of the Ocean" is one of my favorites. ; )

2 comments:

Rebeccah Mildenstein said...

Jared just wanted to let you know he adores John Schmidt!! I love listen to him play it! He can almost play all of "All OF ME" He is telling me to type this to you! He is always reading everyone's blogs at work and is not allowed to leave comments, so I thought I would type it for him at home!

Rachel EM said...

Yay, Jared! And Thanks to Bek for posting on his behalf-- I had no idea Jared read my blog, but I'm delighted! And way to go Beebs-- "All of Me" is way complex. It's still in fashion on campus as a rite of passage who's-who amateur piano playing competency test... they play it to impress people, you know. Awesome that you can do that! It's very attractive.