Friday, July 20

MANIA

I know this has nothing to do with me going to Jerusalem, but I can't contain myself.

HARRY POTTER FLIES AGAIN TONIGHT!

My "Weasley's Wizard Wheezes" apron is ready, I took a nap, and I am raring to go to all the Provo and Orem parties tonight! YES! I am madly in love with Harry James Potter, and no one can stop me from reading until I drop. YAY! OOOOOOOH, YAH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!


....I'll see you all on Monday after I surface and this is all over. (over? *whimper* It can't be.... over.... oh noooooooo.)

But maybe even Jerusalem awaits Harry Potter--check this out:

Row in Israel: Harry Potter vs. the Sabbath
Israel's ultra-Orthodox minister of trade and industry has threatened to sue any shop opening on the Jewish Sabbath to sell Book 7.
“We must put a limit on the desire to imitate other countries,” he told said. “It is inconceivable that numerous employees will be brought in to allow these events to take place and damage the spirit of Shabbat. I plan to file charges and fine anyone who violates the Hours of Work and Rest Law.”
In spite of this, most Israeli bookstores are willing to face the ire of the religious community and are opening up at 2:01am (12:01am BST) to sell the book.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Crazy! Where do you find this stuff?!?! (on Israel not opening bookstores for Harry). You rock!

Rebeccah Mildenstein said...

what a trip I love this book so far! Oh and our package totally said, Attention Muggles do not open until the 21st and had an owl on it like it was carring it and sutff. Soooo funny!!