Tuesday, March 11

Church of Pater Noster

The Church of the Pater Noster stands where it is believed Jesus gave the Lord's prayer, and is now known for having tiled panels with the prayer in over 100 languages.

I looked all over for Hmong, and couldn't find it. Sorry, Jared. I was surprised to see Cornish, Tagalog and Flemish side by side. There was no rhyme or reason to the placement. The Hebrew prayer looks funny--they extended the final mem so much that it looks stretched. I thought it was so cool when I found Guarani, because they are the people in the movie "The Mission."

It was fun going with so many return missionaries-- we had enough in our group to say that we could read the text in 20 languages--which, a nun there told me was a record for as long as she had been there. Nifty, eh?

Take a look.

Take a look.












1 comment:

Rachel EM said...

Oh, hey--take a look TWICE, since I suggested it.