Saturday, March 8

Tiberias Branch

Across the Sea of Galilee from the Ein Gev kibbutz where we we stayed, lies Tiberias. At dusk I would watch the lights of the city come to life and send their glow across the waters. For Shabbat services, we bussed around the sea to the "Tiberias Branch" house. YES, there is an LDS branch (aka, congregation) in the Galilee.

On the backside of the house, a balcony overlooked the lapis sea. The most tranquil sight my eyes have seen. Complete peace. Roses outside the front door. Spotless cleanliness inside and out. A piano and a pulpit. The air was different. It was noticeable. I drank in the feeling of it, breathing deeply the peace and the warmth. I knew it had "dedicated building" feel, just like the Branch in Amman, Jordan. The change in the air was palpable. I walked slowly and quietly, just feeling the reverence.

On a slightly different note, I'll mention that the members of the branch speak four languages. Russian, Hebrew, English, and Spanish-- and the listing of the Hymn numbers was so amazing I had to show the picture.

I loved that day.

No comments: