Tuesday, April 22

Can You Picture That?

http://www.3disrael.com/jerusalem/kotel_prayer.CFM

Now YOU can go to the Western Wall too. In all its heyday. Take a "virtual tour" of Israel at this site, and you'll get to see a clear picture of what I really did see for myself. That link will take you a virtual tour of a 'prayer at kotel.' The "Kotel Tunnel Tour" lasts 45 minutes, and they take you underground modern Jerusalem to the base of the Western Wall. I'm not sure exactly what "kotel" is, but it must have something to do with the wall. Anyway--do the virtual tour! I order my family to do so (you hear me, guys?) Eh. They'll love it anyway. It was new for me too--I got to see the men's section.

The funny thing is that I saw this picture before I saw the date and I said to myself, "hey, this is really recent." I could tell because the flag that's flying in the courtyard has a rod in the top keeping it straight, and that feature wasn't added until December. Which is when they took the photo for this tour. :D

If you don't watch all of them (even though you should,) I strongly recommend the Muslim Quarter tour, and Church of All Nations 1 & 2. If you view Church of the Holy Sepulcher tour (holiest site in all Christendom, or so I'm told) be sure to scroll up to the ceiling or you'll miss the best part. Trust me, I used to stare at it for minutes at a time--and yeah, it's that big. Seriously, do them all. You won't regret it. "Yehuda Market" is in West Jerusalem--frequent visits there--dig the Jewishness. It's a really odd angle of it though. Not even a long shot of the fruit stands or the bakeries with the pastries. HA! What a funny rhyme.

Ask questions and I'll discuss details--feedback, people!

P.S. Zoom and self-controlled scrolling features exist. Use them!

PPS, My posts are low because I'm having troubles uploading pictures. Aggravating. Sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. It's entertaining, informative, and almost (though not quite) as good as the real thing.

Rachel EM said...

Yay! AMBER! I LOVE YOUUUUUU!