Thursday, April 10

Truly Scrumptious



Many American cities have hot-dog-stands. Including my hometown--"j dawgs" is a common food source for most BYU students (my usual is a polish dog with special sauce and onions, but that's beside the point.) West Jerusalem might have had a hot-dog stand, but I never saw one. The CREPE stand on Ben-Yehuda street, however, was to die for.

Homemade crepes made on a pan at least a full foot wide, and options for over twenty toppings. I'm not exaggerating. So good. They were huge, and the one time that I bought one I split it with Jason Bentley. I'm trying to remember what we put on it-- white chocolate, dark chocolate, hazelnuts, raspberries, whipped cream, pecans, caramel...and a couple other things. OH MAN. Delectable goodness. The crepes were almost better than their toppings. It was hard to remember that half of that concoction belonged to Jason. I wanted more. Which reminds me of a song. Melissa and Alicia eat your hearts out:

"I'm Greeeeeeeedy, yes indeedy. Gimme gimme gimme gimme more!"

(In this photo: Amie Ostler, and Whitney George, who is now Whitney Tanner. Posed holding their crepes in front of the crepe-stand. These sweet girls were inseparable. And because they always shared a seat near the front of the bus, they were often my companions as well. Ha. I have a ton of pictures of them asleep on the bus, now that I think of it.)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

oh my freaky chitty chitty bang bang music. Hilarious. But you made me want a crepe that's for sure. LOL

Rachel EM said...

What's the matter with CCBB music, I'd like to know? Why don't people like that show? I love it! I could listen to Dick VanDyke sing "hushabye mountain" a dozen times before getting tired of it. More probably.