Tuesday, November 6

Now Playing: Rachel EM as JEZEBEL

A note to the wise:

I've been coughing up my lungs for more than a week and a half. It's getting worse, too. In fact, just last night a girl here said, "Rachel--no way! Even when you're coughing you're quoting movies. You sound just like the Albino in the pit of despair..." Aha haha. Ahahaha. Ha ha. Ha. Ha. Heh. Hmm. Psh! So I'm hacking and gasping for air, clearing my throat and then talking clearly as though nothing ever happened. (said with a swagger:) I can take it--I did this for months this spring. Nothing new there.

Note to the wise continues:

Finals are upon me. Looming ever nearer-- no wait. They're TOMORROW. Bet yer bottom dollar that tomorrow, I'll be done. Cooked. Toast. Poof--wiped out--watching movies in recovery. It's a fact.

More wise cracks:

Today in Biblical Archaeology (oh, about ten minutes ago...yes, I'm writing this in class...it was either that or forget it) our teacher Bro. Huntington (who I found out taught my brother Aaron in high-school seminary and thinks that I look like him/sound like him/act like him... which I took as a compliment) anyway, brother Huntington used a few students as visual aid-actors to display the royal intrigues and inter-marryings between Judah and the Northern Kingdom.

First he was asking for volunteers for Ahab. Everyone laughed when Nick came down because he's known as the clever trickster around here. Brother Huntington said, "of course--Nick," and then everyone laughed harder. The next question was, "Who wants to be Jezebel?" Only one girl raised her hand. Oho, you know it--ME! Mwa hahahahhaa! I sauntered down to the front and stood next to Nick... and we made snide commentary on the whole thing JUST loud enough for the rest of the class to hear. We played our parts well. We had people come up and play our kids, too: Ahaziah, Jehoram, Athaliah... and then we acted out everything that happened. Except for when I'm torn to pieces by wild dogs--that part I just fell over for and then walked back to my seat. But other than that.

I really enjoyed myself! It was so much fun to get to be the wicked woman that caused all the havoc. Great stuff. Oh! And Greg played King Jehu and pretended to kill my sons and he "sent me to my room" so that the eunuchs could push me out the window. It was pretty fun. No, it was really fun. We get into stuff like that around here. It was way funny because somehow the clothes the Judean Kings were wearing made them all look matching or related... while everyone in the Northern Kingdom ended up being 5'6". We all looked related until the "son" ended up being 6'4"... and then Nick turns to me and says, "wanna explain that?" I was ready with an "I don't know what you're talking about," followed by a wave to another guy--it was funny.

So if none of that makes sense, just know that I got to be a hamm and I really enjoyed myself.

More slightly-foolish excuses:

We just got back from another country--Jordan--and we were all exhausted. Nowhere near Egyptian exhaustion, but on the same scale.

So I'm working on posting stuff. I PROMISE. Really. Truly. Even some choice pictures. ...soon. ...ish.

Ta ta! --R

No comments: